|Homepage||TriniView.com||TriniSoca.com||Trinidad and Tobago News|
Please link to trinbagopan.com
|TriniSoca Carnival||Pan Gallery||Steelpan Pioneers||Pan Links|
St Augustine tops in Junior Panorama
Posted By: News
Date: Monday, 31 January 2005, at 10:14 a.m.
ST AUGUSTINE SENIOR Comprehensive School emerged tops among the contestants in the secondary division of the National Junior Panorama Competition yesterday at the Queen's Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain. Playing a scintillating rendition of Oba Sinnette's "Action," arranged by Kern Sumerville and Cheo Cato, St Augustine successfully ended the reign of defending champion BP Renegades Youth Steel Orchestra.
Renegades placed second for its delivery an Amrit Samaroo arrangement of Christopher "Tambu" Herbert's "No, No We Ain't Going Home." The third spot went to Woodbrook Government Secondary which their choice of "All Is Yours," by the late Onika Bostic. In the primary school category Tamana Primary School Steel Orchestra was the champion. St Margaret's Boys AC came second.Twenty bands took part in the competition.
Under 13 Category:
1. Tamana Primary School Steel Workshop 415
2. St Margaret's Boys Anglican Primary 394
3.Newtown Boys Pan Ensemble 347
4. Diego Martin Boys RC Steel Orchestra 324
Under 21 Category:
1. St Augustine Senior Comprehensive 450
2. BP Renegades Youth Steel Orchestra 446
3. Woodbrook Government Secondary 433
4. El Dorado Secondary/Comprehensive 430.5
5. Success Laventille Composite 410
5. Southern Marines Pan School 410
5. St Francois Girls College Steel Orchestra 410
8. Tropical Angel Harps Youths 408
9. Bishop Anstey High and Trinity College East 400.5
10. San Fernando Secondary Comprehensive 398
11. Tokyo Youths Steel Orchestra 390.5
12. San Juan Secondary School 387
13. Trinity College Steel Orchestra 381
14.Sangre Grande Junior Secondary 377
15. Manzanilla High School Steel Orchestra 340
16. Arima Senior Comprehensive 275
Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.